Audio-Visual Hardware >> Computer
(Last updated 2022-08-10)
Most new Windows computers these days will support a basic FG|SB configuration. The best choice depends on specific exhibit/system priorities. Factors include:
- Reliability and ease of servicing, which suggests a tower PC, vs. space/architectural constraints, which may suggest a small form factor system.
- Budget constraints balanced against desired level of warranty & support.
- Extensions beyond basic functionality, including such things as high speed live capture, multiple monitors, etc. For such systems, please contact us to discuss hardware requirements.
We strongly recommend you email us the detailed specifications of your planned purchase before placing the order.
The Basics *
- Operating System: Windows 7 - 11 (typically 64 bit).
- CPU: For pre-produced systems, at least dual core machine. For live capture, at least quad core.
- RAM: 2 Gigs minimum for low end system running on 32 bit OS. More typically, 4 Gigs recommended for pre-produced content systems, 64 bit OS. For live capture, 8 Gigs.
- At least one static-rugged USB 2/3 port for dial.
Getting a basic system up and running is easy and we're happy to help. For IT staff and other do-it-yourself-ers interested in much more gory detail, see this document.